At Pilot, we want to roast great coffee and work with great people to do it. We also believe that work should be fun. Our team is made up of artists, photographers, cyclists, lovers of the outdoor, musicians, actors, and more, all united by our shared purpose to share great coffee with the world. When the Wilkins started Pilot Coffee Roasters as a team of two, they set out to create a culture that they wanted to be a part of, to cultivate an environment that their employees were excited to walk into every day. With that intention guiding them, they’ve grown to a team of 90+ in nine years. Our team is growing and we’re currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join the team.
COFFEE PACKAGING + PRODUCTION
50 Wagstaff Drive, Toronto - Full-time
The purpose of this role is for the timely packaging of all roasted coffee into bags, assisting in the timely fulfillment of all coffee orders, and to assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Bag and seal roasted coffee into packages
- Assist with the labeling of coffee bags
- Keep the packing line tidy and organized by following daily/weekly checklists
- Receive, stock, and organize products
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of Pilot Coffee Roasters;
- Carry out all other reasonable duties assigned by the company.
- An Innovator - take initiative to seek more effective ways to complete tasks;
- Committed to Exceptional Quality - actively involved in the quality of Pilot's products and recognize anything that is not up to par;
- Detail Focused - focus on the details at hand - recognizing and fixing errors or discrepancies throughout the packaging and fulfillment process;
- Focused on Productivity - able to work quickly and effectively at a fast pace and in specific time frames;
- Self-Managed - work autonomously and prioritizes tasks;
- A Co-operative Team Player - cooperates with other members to achieve the team goals.
- Preferably completed post-secondary education;
- Possession of valid provincial driver’s license;
- Ideally obtained a valid Forklift License;
- Familiarity of iOS systems;
- Previous experience in a packing line or repetitive work environment.
- Work is performed is a typical warehouse environment
- Most of the role is performed while sitting
- Requirement to occasionally assist with lifting bins full of roasted beans
- Requirement to occasionally assist with lifting coffee bags (up to 120 lbs)
- The work environment is occasionally loud and will require proper ear protection to be worn.
A few benefits we offer:
- Access to a Health and Lifestyle Spending Account;
- A Customer Service Recognition Program;
- A company-sponsored Health and Wellness Program;
- Staff discounts;
- Legendary staff events.
Pilot Coffee Roasters is a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation(s) during the recruitment process, please notify your recruiter directly.
We are flattered that you want to work at Pilot, but please note that we will only be contacting applicants who have been selected to move forward in the interview process.